About : Our Church
We are a Christian Church celebrating God's inclusive love for all. Experiencing and discovering that holy presence transforms our lives and allows us to grow and develop into healthier, holier and more compassionate people.
We are a diverse community of people from many traditions, bringing the best of our faith experiences to share with others to enlarge our concept of God's grace and to be a blessing to our world. All God's Children Metropolitan Community Church began in 1974 and continues to have a tremendous presence in shaping spirituality in the Twin Cities.
Our denomination, Metropolitan Community Churches, is the largest GLBTQ Christian organization in the world, and All God's Children MCC is the largest GLBTQ congregation in the Upper Midwest with over 350 who call this church their home.
As a community center for the GLBT community and our local neighborhood, All God's Children Metropolitan Community Church is a great place to meet other GLBTQ and neighborhood friends. It's a wonderful place to celebrate both spiritually and socially.
Our programming is diverse, including Children's Sunday School, Chancel Choir and orchestra, Christian education and training opportunities and local outreach to our neighborhood and community. Our Lawn and Garden Team has won several city awards over the years as we continue to assist in beautifying our neighborhood.
We offer opportunities for both women and men in leadership, spiritual growth and ministry.
We offer Weddings, Blessing of Relationships, Baptism, Funerals/Memorial Services and other services to mark the important transitions of life.
More than all of these examples of our ministry and community, All God's Children is an experience of the power of God's grace and presence. We are a unique congregation called to a unique mission inspired by grace. We hope you'll give us a try.
AGCMCC is called by Christ to be:
- A radically inclusive community of faith
- Healed by God's unrelenting grace
- Sent in love to share our gifts with the world
We live this call by offering:
- A safe and healing space
- Engaging our community in dynamic and God'-centered worship
- Offering opportunities for spiritual growth, personal development and activism
Our Core Values
The Core Values that guide us are:
We depend on God's grace and seek God's guidance in all we do.
Living in Covenant
The biblical model of covenant informs how we live as community.
Challenging oppressive structures and assumptions
We believe being a prophetic church means speaking truth and taking action.
Integrity in Communication an Actions
We build trust among ourselves and others through mutual accountability when what we say and what we do are the same. Through assuming positive intent, we assume others do the same.
Celebration of Diversity
We celebrate our many backgrounds in worship, music, education, ministries, leadership and membership, appreciating and nurturing the gifts each offers to the whole.
Our Church Goals
- To be sanctuary for any who come seeking safety and healing.
- To provide dynamic worship experiences drawing from diverse theological, liturgical and cultural spectrums.
- To offer opportunities for ministry and spiritual growth that honor a diverse congregation encouraging individual gifts to be expressed.
- To reach out to our community through the talent and spiritual gifts of our people, and the partnerships we develop.
- To bless our world as good stewards of all the resources with which God has blessed us.